Section I: Test Taking Tips
1. You will do your best on the test if you stay calm and relaxed. Take a few deep, slow breaths to help you maintain your calm.
2. Pay careful attention to all directions before beginning.
3. Answer the easier questions first. Skip questions you find to be very difficult and come back to them later.
4. For each question, read the entire question and all response options carefully before deciding upon an answer.
5. If you do not know the answer to a question, eliminate the response options that you know to be incorrect or probably incorrect and then guess from the remaining response options.
6. Your score is based only on the number of questions you answer correctly. You are not penalized for answering questions incorrectly. Therefore, you should answer every question, even questions that you must guess.
7. If you finish before time is up, go back and check your answers.
8. Be sure that you mark your answer sheet correctly. If you have to change an answer, erase the first answer before marking the new answer. If you skip a question, be sure to answer the next question in the appropriate place on the answer sheet.
9. Ignore any patterns of A’s, B’s, C’s, D’s, or E’s on your answer sheet. These correct answer positions are chosen randomly and there is no way to improve your chances by guessing based on an answer sheet pattern.
10. Take the Spanish Language Proficiency Test if you are proficient in standard Spanish; otherwise take the Artificial Language Test.