Border Patrol Agent

What should I do if I would like to apply for a Border Patrol Agent position but am currently in the military and won’t be able to start work for a couple of years?

If you are interested in future employment, you may certainly obtain information on the website or by speaking with a Border Patrol recruiter in order to prepare yourself. However, we usually recommend that candidates who are active military wait until they are about a year from separation to start the application process with the Border Patrol. If you are so enthusiastic about becoming an Agent that you would like to start the process much earlier, apply on-line through the Border Patrol website and upon successful registration, you will need to contact Minneapolis Hiring Center (MHC) and work out the details on a case by case basis. There are many issues involving overseas duty and being present in the US for the parts of the hiring process that will need to be taken into consideration.

1 Comment for this entry

  • Josh Drake

    I’ve been looking all over the internet for the answer to this question for several days now and have finally found it here. So thank you!

Leave a Reply


Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!

Other Law Enforcement Sites